Skip to Content

Sunday, September 19th, 2021
6 Facts and Tips You Should Know as a Wristwatch Collector

6 Facts and Tips You Should Know as a Wristwatch Collector

Closed
by July 27, 2021 Shopping

A wristwatch collector is interested in keeping a lot of wristwatches in his reserve for any occasion or events he attaches. A watch collector owns more than one watch at a time, and all have different functions. A starter watch collector doesn’t know if he is right or wrong about the kind of wristwatch he has. Every starter watch collector doesn’t know what it takes for their seniors to know the difference between two similar watches from the same brand. There is a lot to talk about when you delve into collecting watches. 

Many experienced watch collectors always say they made many mistakes that they would never want the new watch collectors to make. Unfortunately, it cost millions for them. By following this article to the end, you can easily figure out their problems and solutions when starting as wristwatch collectors.

1. Set Your Budget

This is the first step to consider as a watch collector. It is the most critical piece of advice for you to follow. Know what your budget range should be and keep it at the back of your mind. Varying brands and watch models are sold at different prices. The amount you spend on Hublot Watches might not be the same you spend on a Timex watch. 

When you know what you want to spend, you would easily be conscious of where you want your money to fall. That will help you with what you can afford. If you don’t want to get overwhelmed by the price range, just know the limit of your price and keep it at the back of your mind. 

You don’t have to break the bank to buy good watches. Make your purchase easy for you so you won’t regret it. In a more familiar tone, experienced watch collectors advise maintaining your budget rather than hurting your pocket for a new model. On the other hand, spending a huge amount of money on a wristwatch might also be valuable as the watch might appreciate in the future. 

2. Do Proper Research 

A small percent of the brands hold on 80 percent of the market returns from a market. This means Rolex, Omega, Audemars Piguet, and others in this class are the major of the wristwatch market. They are in charge of 80 percent of the total demand from the market while the remaining brands get to share the remaining 20 percent among themselves. Still, these are the brands that get featured most online and in magazines. How do the next generation wristwatch brands that have a genuine vision get known?

Research is a process that has to be undertaken even to the most inferior part of a market. Figure out every brand that can satisfy your needs, find out how genuine they are, cross-check your budget with what they have, then you have a result to show. 

Visit relevant forums, read the report about each brand, follow the required magazine and make sure you clear all your questions. Figure out the issue behind every other brand and don’t focus on just the popular brands. 

3. Be Sure of Your Choice 

If you want something big (a luxury timepiece) you can easily save up for it even if it takes you a lot of time. This makes you trust your abilities so that you can have anything you want. 

4. Always Purchase From Trusted Vendors 

Be mindful of where you buy your wristwatch. Wristwatches can be expensive, meaning there are possibilities of buying a fake or counterfeit watch from phishing websites. Ensure that a particular vendor has the authority to sell a wristwatch to you before you make payment. 

5. Investment Wristwatches 

Focus on having your perfect collection of wristwatches and not the resale value of the wristwatch. But if you have a luxury wristwatch that will be worth investing in, you can resell it at an increased value. Although you can do that, your collection is your first choice motivation and not value reselling. Don’t try to flip watches within a month of buying them.

6. Conclusion

Some important luxury wristwatches can stay in your collection for decades until you have a course to resell or gift them. Although you should buy watches within your budget, you should always strive to buy the original. As a collector, your goal isn’t just to wear the watch but to keep them for a long while. High price doesn’t always equal quality, but there is a higher possibility of getting a better quality watch when you’re willing to spend. 

In summary, make sure you have your budget set up with high research strategies for brands that are worth your money. Screen the brands and decide what you want and what you don’t like so you can feel secure about your wristwatch.

Previous
Next